to Children’s Vaccines
- A Note from Our Founder
- What Are Vaccines, and How Do They Work?
- Are Vaccines Still Necessary?
- Are Vaccines Safe?
- What Is Community Immunity?
- So, Why All the Fuss?
- How to Sort through the Noise
- Can Vaccines Cause Harm?
- What About the Aluminum in Vaccines?
- Do Vaccines Contain Mercury?
- Aren’t Vaccines Just Moneymakers for Pharmaceutical Companies?
- How Do Vaccines Fit into a Natural Lifestyle?
- Can Vaccines Cause Autism?
- How Can I Comfort My Child before and after Shots?
- Additional Resources
This guide, much like Boost Oregon itself, is the result of a community-wide effort. Joel Amundson, M.D., and Nadine Gartner are the primary authors. Gary Ashwal, Paul Cieslak, M.D., Alison Dent, Stacy Matthews, Michele Rossolo, and David Solondz, M.D., provided invaluable input. Many thanks to the parent volunteers who contributed their personal stories to this guide.
Diana Tung designed the guide and created original graphics for it. Bob Land proofread the guide. Generous grants from the Juan Young Trust, Oregon Immunization Program, and Spirit Mountain Community Foundation made these guides a reality.
Finally, we are grateful for the hundreds of individual donors—parents, community members, and medical professionals—who donated money toward this effort. Boost Oregon does not accept donations of any kind from pharmaceutical companies.
Copyright © 2017 Boost Oregon. All rights reserved. Boost Oregon® is a registered trademark of Boost Oregon.